History

Château de Chamirey overlooks the village of Chamirey and was built in the 18th century.
Built in early XVIII Century, Château de Chamirey is an elegant château, influenced by the Italian architecture, looking down on French garden. Built on a rocky headland, Château de Chamirey has a unqiue position on Mercurey vineyard.

Erected in early XVIII Century, the present appearance of the Château de Chamirey is due to the towers that have been built at the end of the XVIII Century, after a fire destroyed the adjacent chapel. At that time, Dupaty de Clam family sells the property to Marquis de Jouennes d'Herville family. Nowadays, Amaury et Aurore Devillard represent the 5th generation of Burgundy people, wine's men and women. In 1934, their grand-father, Marquis de Jouennes, as a forerunner, decides to bottle the wines of Château de Chamirey, at the Domaine. Then, his son-in-law, Bertrand Devillard, carried on his work and extends the Domaine in the best terroirs of Mercurey, to reach its present size of 95 acres.